August Updates + Playlist - Sensible Stylista

August Updates + Playlist

Alright guys, it's time for my monthly fitness update.  I'm proud to tell y'all that progress has been good.  I've been doing insanity workouts, extra cardio sessions, on top of my daily two-mile walk with my pup.  I can see a big difference in my bod so my hard work's definitely paying off.  I dread working out on most days, but after the pain, I seriously feel like I can take anything on.  This is going to sound really cheesy, but exercising makes me feel like I'm on top the world. It helps with self-discipline and grit so it's a useful keystone habit to develop.

Confession:  I haven't been following my Insanity calendar.  I've completed it in the past though so I don't feel bad jumping around.  I've been focusing on three modules as of late:  Plyometric Cardio Circuit, Cardio Power & Resistance, and Pure Cardio.  I've done one a day for the past 3 weeks...yet I'm still dead at the end of every one. I'm planning on moving onto harder workouts (aka the max series) in mid-late September.  I need to make sure I'm prepared for the destruction.  As for extra cardio, I elliptical it for 45 min. 2-3 times a week to help with stamina.  

As for my diet, I've been good overall, but I need to work on incorporating more veggies + fruits into my diet. I've been eating quinoa/brown rice and turkey patties for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the last, like, 2-3 weeks. Things are really busy right now so I like to microwave food and scarf everything down quickly.  I've gone out to eat nomtastic food once a week though to maintain my sanity.  In my opinion, weekly splurge meals are a serious MUST!  Do any of you indulge? If so, do you indulge in a splurge day or a splurge meal?

Oh, and I almost forgot to give you my August playlist!  Here's what I'm currently listening to on my pod-pod. I'm always looking for new tunes to sweat to so make sure you comment with your current fave songs, too.

No comments