SS Eats: Uncle Julio's - Sensible Stylista

SS Eats: Uncle Julio's

For my latest food adventure, I hauled my hungry badonkadonk over to Uncle Julio's in Gaithersburg, MD.  I absolutely love tex mex & there were like, ten different pokestops in the area so it was a win-win situation for more reasons than one.  I've been dying to try this restaurant for months now so I was thrilled when they invited me to get my nom on.  I took my good friend, Alan Woo, along with me!
To start, we ordered two margaritas on the rocks.  I got the Mango Passion Rita (1800 Reposado, peach schnapps, and mango + passion fruit purée) and he got the special, a refreshing cocktail made with fresh watermelon juice.  I absolutely loved my drank!  It was just the right amount of sweet, and it went so well with my meal.  I can't wait to go back and try their swirl (a mix of frozen margarita and frozen sangria) though.  Apparently, it's their most popular drink!  
We were starving so we placed an order for tableside guacamole (even though they gave us chips + salsa), and it was such a good call for real! They made it for us fresh with tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, and cilantro, and we literally scarfed it ALL down.  If you come here (and you need to soon), def. get this!  
For entrees, Alan and I both got fajitas, but I went with chicken and he got filet mignon.  Everything came out piping hot, and the ingredients were SO fresh.   Portions were ginormous, too.  Both dishes were served with guac, sour cream, cheese, pico de gallo, mexican rice, frijoles a la charra, sautéed peppers + onions, and homemade flour tortillas. Note: you can get fresh corn tortillas instead of flour ones if you want. 
To finish off our humongous lunch, we got a chocolate piñata for dessert.  Filled with homemade mini churros, fresh fruit and berries, you literally whack it open yourself (!!!!!!) If you want to see me smash mine, head on over to my IG account HERE!  You'll see that it was a ton of fun, and afterwards, Alan and I got to dip our noms in different sauces:  raspberry, chocolate and caramel.  It also came with house-made whipped cream, which was seriously heavenly.  I'd honestly come back for the dessert alone! Just make sure you bring friends because you're going to need help eating everything.
Alright guys, that's it for today's nomtastic adventure.  If you're looking for delish tex-mex, head on over to Uncle Julio's.  They have several locations in the US so make sure y'all check 'em out!  For my fellow DMV-ers, there's a second location here in Bethesda Row if you're interested.  Happy eating, everyone!

2 comments

  1. Everything looks so fresh and yummy
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good. :)

    ReplyDelete